- First start with a fresh mind. Go back to basics.
- Look at the door; it should be pretty easy to tell what side of the door is the outside, and what side is the inside. Outside of a bedroom door you would be standing in the hallway, if you are in the bedroom you are looking at the inside of the door. If you are standing on your front porch looking at the front door, then your are looking at the outside of the door. Know this before installing door levers and handles.
- Door handing is always done from the OUTSIDE of the door. Whatever side the hinges are on, when viewed from the outside is the same as the door hand. If the hinges are on the right, it’s a right hand door. If the hinges are on the left, it’s a left hand door. It does not matter if the door pulls towards you or opens away from you. If you don’t know your left from right, ask someone. You only need to determine what side the hinges are on from the OUTSIDE. Forget the “reverse bevel” term.
- Now you are ready to install your doors handles or door levers.
Note: There is one exception to this rule…single dummies. When handing a single dummy you stand on the side of the door that you are mounting the dummy on, not the exterior side.
- Understand the risk – By reviewing your home or property, you will not be surprised when the flood does hit. Check to see if your home is in the flood zone. Ask the following question: Where can water get in our home? This applies to both what can be seen and unseen. Many times, it is the unseen damage, like what is in your crawl space, that we don’t think about.
- Be prepared – Take the time to prepare as much as possible ahead of the rising waters. Is your flood insurance up to date? Do you have flood vents and have you checked them to see if they are working correctly? Many times, you can save a substantial amount of money on your flood insurance if you have flood vents in your foundation.
- Understand the power of water – If the water is imminent and could be fast-moving, leave your home now and get to high ground! When it comes to fast-moving water versus humans, water will win every time. Get to high ground as fast as possible.
- Think about Your pets – Pets are like your family. And just like your family, you need to protect them also. Make sure to bring your pet’s food, bedding, and medicine to the new location. Put them in a pet hotel that you know will not be affected by the flood. Possibly leave them with relatives or friends that will be far away from the flood area. If you need to, take them with you to high ground and away from the flood. Remember, do not allow your pets to walk through or drink the water. There are many contaminants in the water that can make your pet sick or possibly kill your pet.
- Build your sandbags before you need them – If you have the resources to do so, sandbags are a great tool for holding back the waters.
- Backup your data – Backup your computer data as soon as possible. You can use a variety of resources to back up your data to a free or low-fee backup service far away from water damage. Services like Dropbox, Box, Microsoft Drive, Google Drive, and many other services allow for you to never lose your data due to flooding.
- Turn off your electricity and gas – Turn off all utilities to stop possible explosions or electrical shock or damage.
- Move your valuables upstairs or raise them off the floor – By simply raising your valuables (this includes computer systems) off the floor can save you thousands of dollars in damage and heartache. If you can take them to the second floor, that is even better.
- Charge your phone ahead of time – You don’t know how long the flood will last and when power will return. Make sure you charge your cell phone so that you can still have an open line of communication.
- Arabescato Carrara with 1×1 Honed is a perfect pattern for your kitchen. Here you will get a perfect mixture of interlocking Pattern with keystone. This style also comes in different shades of white and gray.
- Arabescato Carrara with a herringbone pattern is also a nice design tool to make your kitchen more attractive. This is available with 4 x 4 honed with the different shades of soft white. By using this design it will surely make your kitchen and bathroom more attractive.
- Arabescato Carrara marble is available with hexagonal style and this style is also available with black and white shades. These tiles are just perfect for all types of floors and countertops etc.
- For your kitchen and bathroom, you can surely opt for Arabescato Carrara with and marble and black bend glass finish. This will definitely give your kitchen a classic look with utmost modernity.
- Arabescato Carrara Splitface is available at a measurement of 12 x 12 x 10. This is also mesh mounted marble mosaic tile. Hence, if you are opting for this tile, then this is surely going to make your light more exotic and gorgeous.
- If you love to give your kitchen a look of brick pattern then it will be nice to select tiles known as an arctic storm with the designer brick pattern. Within these patterns too, you can get the styles like an interlocking pattern or Crema Marfil marble.
- Another famous backsplash tile design is arctic ice subway glass design with a measurement of 2x4x 8mm. This style is also available with the interlocking pattern or marble look with silver slate etc.
- Aspen interlocking glass with ivory travertine has become a famous design style for your kitchen and bathroom. Within this design, you will also get more designs such as Tuscany walnut, basal blue bamboo etc.
Apart from those mentioned above, there are different types of styles are available for perfect designing of your kitchen and bathrooms. So opt for those and go for the best designs today.
TYPES OF DECKING
Wood plastic composite (WPC) decking is the most commonly preferred type of decking and is made of recycled polymers, like HDPE or PE, with the most percentage of natural product being sawdust.
Also, WPC decking has greater movements or torsions compared to other types of decking; hence you need to decide carefully depending upon the climate and the area in which the decking would suit your home.
Composite decking is considered to be the fastest growing and the most popular wood decking alternative available in the market, and it requires much less maintenance and has a longer lifespan when compared to wood decking.
ADVANTAGES OF CHOOSING THE RIGHT DECKING
Recent advancements in products for decking have allowed manufacturers to simulate the physical features of many beautiful hardwoods to provide buyers with various design options. Composite decking is a man-made product that has approximately an equal mix of recycled plastic and fibers. They are extremely durable and resistant to rotting which gives them a much longer lifespan than wooden decks.
Composite decking does not require sanding, staining, board replacement or sealing, which is necessary in case of wooden decks. Although composite decks are costlier than wooden ones, in the long run they turn out to be more cost effective due to their higher durability.
As it has the desirable properties of being insect and mold resistant and lower maintenance costs, composite decking is considered as the most durable of the decking products available in the market today. The more recent varieties of composite decking available today are also fade and stain resistant, hence, it is easier to clean them and it also has extremely high color retention properties. To maintain the composite deck, one requires for it to be cleaned at least semi-annually with a household cleaner.
Installation of composite decks requires the same tools as used in traditional wood decks, plus the added benefits of installing side grooves for putting hidden fasteners in place. This keeps the deck planks smooth, without any screws visible and allows for no splinters, warping or twisting.
Composite decking is a good investment for your home, as it stays beautiful for many years and requires very little maintenance, providing a good return for the initial investment made into it. Exotic woods can also be used for decking purposes to provide a beautiful outdoors for your home.
As its name suggests, porous pavement has small holes as part of its overall composition. While this might seem like it weakens the pavement, it actually does the contrary. One of the main draws of porous pavement is that the small holes provide a way of ‘naturally’ letting water drain through the pavement and directly to the soil.
The benefit is pretty obvious; while stone pavements are strong, they are not indestructible and can easily be weathered down through exposure to water for example. This also makes it relatively low maintenance, since there’s not that much water that needs clearing.
Beyond innate surface water management, it also reduces the amount of irrigation you need to do. This is especially true if you’ll be setting the pavement down on your garden. Because of its porous nature, the water goes through the soil really easily. This prevents unsightly and uneven grass and terrain. You’ll also be cutting back on your water usage, which is great for your wallet as well as for the environment. Basically, you’re going Green!
Finally, porous pavement is aesthetically very attractive to look at. It comes in a variety of styles and colours and prices, ranging from the traditional light asphalt to sand-coloured resin pavement.
Porous pavement is a green alternative. As mentioned before, its porous nature allows rain to penetrate the surface and flow beneath the ground naturally, and more importantly, can be instrumental in preventing dangerous flooding.
The reduction of storm system basins isn’t the only reason this type of paving is green. Porous pavement actually requires less energy to manufacture, which means less emissions, odour and smoke. It’s attractive and environmentally friendly – both during its manufacturing process and installation.
Quite new on the market, porous paving is definitely a product of the future.
Contrast is the perfect way to spice up anything. For example, painting a delicate white flower on the door of grey cabinets is an affordable way to add elegance. For homeowners that want to stick with the crisp, clean lines that modern styles are known for can still add some contrast to the area. Hang some black shelves on a white wall and then add in some straight white lines on the grey cabinets instead of a flower.
These colors may seem boring, but they give the perfect opportunity to include the ideal amount of contrast and style to every cooking area.
Cut back on grey
This color is best used for appliances and storage along the edges of the area instead of accent pieces. Grey Shaker cabinets have never gone out of style, and they coordinate perfectly with any theme. Every cabinet will look great in this color, and then the rest of the area can be decked out in black and white for the perfect color combination. Use contrast and a simple style as before mentioned in combination with this tip to make a room more appealing than ever before.
Add some color
Whether a lack of color is all the rave now or not, if it makes a homeowner want to avoid cooking in their own home due to the cold, calculating feel that it gives off, it’s best to forget about the trends and add some color. Hang up some interesting wall art, include a few different accent pieces and pick up a fun rug to put down on the floor; whatever it takes to help a home showcase the personality of the homeowners.
Famous decorators recommend using red and orange for adding warmth; brighter, fun colors like yellow and purple add energy, and shades of tan can be used to help colors blend together.
Trends are always fun, and they can be a great way to get the creative spark going in homeowners that are searching for redecorating ideas. On the other hand, trends can also lead to homeowners being full of redecorating remorse. These stylish tips will help transform a homeowner that is full of remorse into a homeowner that loves the area that they live in, and cook in, once again as they slowly make it showcase their wonderful personality.
In each event water and cellulose, alongside pervasive mold in our built surroundings, will join to make a mold. Mold is the consequence of water drainage or discharges into unintended spaces. In all occasions, until the point that the source of the water is remediated, any attempts to repair the subsequent harm are vain. The mix of drying, utilization of medicines and controlled decimation are vital to the determination of water damage losses.
Water harm/ damage is an issue that most property owners fear. When it rains intensified or snow dissolves rapidly, the danger of this kind of harm increments. Water can cause thousands of dollars worth of harming wood furniture, upholstery, gadgets, family unit machines, and pipe hardware. Water harm additionally builds the danger of mold development, which is an extremely costly issue to remediate.
Contracting a water harm reclamation organization can influence the cleanup to process less demanding to deal with, as these organizations utilize experienced laborers who know ideal approaches to repair or supplant harmed things and help with water harm cleanup.
Cause of water damage: There are a few conceivable reasons for water harm. Defective dishwashers, clogged toilets, broken funnels, broken dishwasher hoses, flooding clothes washers, flawed rooftops, plumbing holes, and establishment splits are quite recently a portion of the conceivable reasons for water harm in homes and organizations. Surges, overwhelming snow, and substantial rain are other conceivable reasons for this kind of harm and can prompt having water in the basement.
An excessive amount of water can prompt minor issues, for example, water in cellar ranges, or it can prompt the devastation of homes and organizations. Once a home or business maintains water harm, it is imperative to begin the water harm clean up quickly. Beginning water harm cleans up as quickly as time permits improved the probability of spring water-drenched furniture, rugs, carpets, attire, and different things.
Catagories of water damage: Evaluating the seriousness of the damage is imperative for figuring out what is expected to begin water harm repair and water expulsion. There are a few unique classifications doled out to water harm. Class 1 alludes to clean water, or water that does not represent a danger to people. Conceivable reasons for this kind of harm incorporate broken apparatuses or sink floods. Class 2 waters are additionally called gray water. This implies the water is tainted and may cause disorder of ingested. This kind of water contains microorganisms. Broken toilets, broken sump pumps, and drainage may cause class 2 water harm.
Classification 3 is known as dark/ black water. This kind is unsanitary, as it contains microbes and different life forms that reason ailment. The conceivable source of dark water damage incorporates sewage issues and tainting of standing water.
There are additionally a few classes of damage. The class of harm is imperative while surveying water harm repair alternatives. Class 1 is the minimum unsafe type of harm. Materials ingest almost no water from this kind of harm. Water harm repair is the most effortless in this sort of circumstance. Class 2 has a quick rate of dissipation, which implies that floor coverings and pads might be harmed.
Water damage repair is more troublesome when it includes class 2 harm. Class 3 has the quickest rate of evaporation. For this situation, the water may originate from broken sprinklers or other overhead sources, drenching the dividers and furniture. Class 4 requires special reclamation and water expulsion methods. This sort of harm may influence hardwood floors, mortar, and cement.
Restoration procedure: The reclamation process is an essential one. Utilizing the correct methodology and materials can enable individuals to spare cherished possessions and even keep their homes from being condemned. Restoration organizations represent considerable authority in moderating the impacts of water, yet the accomplishment for water damage reclamation relies upon the seriousness of the harm and the measure of water that caused the harm.
Restoration organizations may enlist outside specialists to survey a property and decide a reclamation and water removal design. These restoration organizations normally utilize cutting edge hardware and very much reported systems to control water damage. Water in basement regions may just require a short cleanup process, yet in different territories of a property will require broad remediation.
- Low Carbon Emission: One of the biggest contributors to the carbon emission in the environment is the home lighting systems. This impact can be completely negated by switching to use smart LED lights, which emit almost negligible carbon into the atmosphere. The incandescent bulbs create as much as 4,500 lbs. of CO2 per year and CFLs create a little less 1,051 lbs. of carbon emissions per year whereas the smart LED lights only create 451 lbs. of CO2 per year. The difference is vast in nature. It was found in a study, that replacing only one light bulb in every house with an LED bulb would reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 9 billion pounds.
- Chemical free disposal: The smart LED lights are not only eco-friendly as far as usage is concerned, but also when it comes to disposal of the bulb. The LED lights do not emit any nuclear or Sulfur dioxide waste and neither do they contain any toxic mercury like the fluorescent bulbs, therefore, their disposal has no impact on landfill. Disposal of LEDs is safer on the environment.
- Cold Temperature Operation: LEDs love to remain cool, unlike its other counterparts which tend to heat up on consumption of energy. For the same reason, these smart LEDs don’t release any heat into the environment and contributes to curbing global warming. No extra energy is wasted in the heating process.
- No emission of Ultra-Violet rays: Unlike other traditional lamps, these smart LED lamps do not emit any Ultraviolet rays. This makes it a healthier as well as safer source of lighting. They do not produce any infra-red lights, making them suitable for use in places where there are highly heat sensitive materials.
While you may ask that the normal LED bulbs come with the same set of attributes and what is the point of investing in smart LEDs? Smart LED bulbs come with a control system, which gives you an option of either turning in off when not in use with the help of a timer or to make it dim when you do not need full light. So, you won’t be wasting any extra energy when not required. They can also be used in conjunction with motion sensors for outdoor lighting so they turn on or off only when someone walks through. This ensures availability of light when required and saving when not.
These LEDs are eco-friendly and hence can be easily made in use by as many organizations, schools, hospitals etc. The only concern why this has not been achieved yet is the expensive price tag that may be intimidating at the outset.
Only if we look at this price as an investment, as one LED lasts way longer than the traditional bulbs, we would readily be able to make the switch towards a safer environment.
Many sliding windows have rollers on the top as well as the bottom. The top rollers don’t actually do anything, they are there more as spares to replace the bottom rollers when they wear out. But many times the window installer will adjust these top rollers to prevent anyone from lifting out the panel. If this is the case with your windows, there will be a screw at the top of each side rail. If you loosen these screws, then lift up on the panel, it should come out. Another obstacle involves a little piece of rubber that the manufacturer places in the top track. This rubber piece has the same effect as adjusting the top rollers. It prevents you from lifting out the panel because it’s wedged between the top of the window panel and the top of the upper track. If you can see that the window panel isn’t lifting all the way up in the top track, and the top rollers are not the reason, then you have to dig out that rubber piece. It’s usually at the point in the center, where the sliding panel and fixed panel overlap when the window is closed. Reach in there with a long, thin screwdriver, and try to pry it out.
Once you have the slider out, take out the screen. You can just pull it out. No need to be gentle since you’re throwing it away anyway. The last step is the fixed panel removal. There are a few different applications here. All of them will have a center vertical bar. It’s usually there to accept the locking mechanism on the slider, but not always. Look for screws holding this center bar in place. They will either be on the outside top and bottom, or you might find them on the side channel where the screen would go. Check the top and bottom corners.
Assuming you found the screws and removed them, you now need to take the center bar off. Take a screw driver and a hammer and tap the center bar at the very bottom. Tap it off the fixed panel frame. Now, pull the fixed panel away from the side where it rests in the side channel. What you are trying to do is slide the fixed panel open the same way that you did the sliding panel. Then, you can lift the fixed panel up and out. Sometimes, the fixed panel won’t want to slide open because it has gotten stuck in the side track. You can put a screw driver into the side channel and pry the fixed panel away from the side. It doesn’t matter if you bend the frame that’s still attached to the house, because we are going to hide all of that anyway.
Now, let’s go back to the vertical center bar and assume you didn’t find any screws to remove it. That means the fixed piece of glass doesn’t have a frame around it. It’s glazed in with either silicone, caulk, or double foam tape. You have to take out the glass, then cut the center bar out using a reciprocating saw. Usually, there will be “stops” on the outside to help keep the fixed piece of glass in place. There will be 4 of them, one on top, bottom, and each side. You should be able to just pry them out with a screw driver. Then, you can go inside and cut away the adhesive holding the glass in the frame. Use a utility knife and cut between the glass and frame. Wear gloves, and be careful not to put your hand through the glass. Put a sheet or tarp outside and let the glass fall into it. You could also have a helper stand on a ladder above the glass and try grabbing the top edge as you cut it away from the frame. Have your helper also wear gloves. The reason for the ladder is that you want to be above the glass in case it has a little crack that you can’t see. As soon as you grab the glass, the crack will run across to the opposite edge, and suddenly you will find yourself trying to hold multiple pieces of glass at the same time. Being on the ladder, if the glass “runs”, you let go. After the glass is out, cut the bottom portion of the center bar flush with the bottom track. Then, you can wiggle the bar back and forth to break the top screw free. You can apply this removal process to picture windows that have no sliding panel. Just treat it like you did the fixed portion, without having to remove a center bar.
- Start with the Bed- As it will define the entire configuration. Bear in mind the profile of the room before shopping beds. Avoid plain styles as they serve a meager purpose. Look for a versatile bed which can overcome space limitations. Murphy beds, Trundle beds, and Bunk beds are the prominent space savers.
- Murphy beds are second to none in terms of utility. They can be arranged vertically or horizontally depending on the dimensions of the room. On the flip side, it requires the restructuring of the wall.
- Trundle beds feature a pull out drawer beneath the bed where one can place blankets or bed sheets. You have to be a bit careful regarding the wall clearance.
- Bunk beds are ideal for limited spaces. They come in different sizes and designs. Functional Bunk beds are taking center stage in many contemporary bedrooms. They add value to space.
- If you are a Bookworm, then look for a Bookshelf that fits behind the bed. It would mimic a headboard with a bookcase. It occupies 10 to 12 inches of the space. If you have a low clearance space behind the bed, then look for a bed which features Bookshelves at the foot end of the bed. Even small crates of the shelve can be filled with blankets.
- Choose Nightstands that occupies minuscule space. A narrow and tall Nightstand offers more storage space compared to normal ones. The saved space can be used to place a reading chair.
- As every inch in the small bedroom matters, don’t leave the space beneath the dresser empty. You can place storage baskets or catchall baskets.
- Why go for a Vanity set if you have a Chest of Drawers? Add a mirror to the wall to which the dresser is placed against it. It’s a simple creation with a great value.
- If you want space to decorate the bedroom, then look for a Wall mounted Shelve that can showcase your prized possessions.
Declutter the bedroom by organizing things. Though it takes time, it will reward you in a good way.