- Start with the Bed- As it will define the entire configuration. Bear in mind the profile of the room before shopping beds. Avoid plain styles as they serve a meager purpose. Look for a versatile bed which can overcome space limitations. Murphy beds, Trundle beds, and Bunk beds are the prominent space savers.
- Murphy beds are second to none in terms of utility. They can be arranged vertically or horizontally depending on the dimensions of the room. On the flip side, it requires the restructuring of the wall.
- Trundle beds feature a pull out drawer beneath the bed where one can place blankets or bed sheets. You have to be a bit careful regarding the wall clearance.
- Bunk beds are ideal for limited spaces. They come in different sizes and designs. Functional Bunk beds are taking center stage in many contemporary bedrooms. They add value to space.
- If you are a Bookworm, then look for a Bookshelf that fits behind the bed. It would mimic a headboard with a bookcase. It occupies 10 to 12 inches of the space. If you have a low clearance space behind the bed, then look for a bed which features Bookshelves at the foot end of the bed. Even small crates of the shelve can be filled with blankets.
- Choose Nightstands that occupies minuscule space. A narrow and tall Nightstand offers more storage space compared to normal ones. The saved space can be used to place a reading chair.
- As every inch in the small bedroom matters, don’t leave the space beneath the dresser empty. You can place storage baskets or catchall baskets.
- Why go for a Vanity set if you have a Chest of Drawers? Add a mirror to the wall to which the dresser is placed against it. It’s a simple creation with a great value.
- If you want space to decorate the bedroom, then look for a Wall mounted Shelve that can showcase your prized possessions.
Declutter the bedroom by organizing things. Though it takes time, it will reward you in a good way.