On the other hand, planning refers to the decision making process involving the design and construction of a house i.e. final look of the house, material used in construction, cost estimates, architect details, financing process and so on.
To start with, it is essential to take a look at those elements that will be included in the home plan so that dealing with an architect or engineer is made easier.
A well thought of house layout plan is the foremost step to building a home. The best house plan should take into account factors like family size, requirements of the individuals, future necessities, suggestions from the entire family about designing the spaces etc., together with adherence to core factors concerning natural lighting, ventilation and privacy.
A house design plan or blueprint includes the following aspects and elements:
- Foundation plan – this plan shows the dimensions and shape of the home’s foundation which includes outside foundation walls along with any interior pillars or columns. This plan will be used in laying out and building the footings; it also shows the location of the plumbing lines and fixtures
- Floor plan – will indicate rooms and spaces, the sizes and the general flow of the house. The number of rooms – bedrooms, bath, kitchen, living, dining, study, guest room etc. will feature here. Also the positioning of the doors and windows.
- Elevation plan – the elevation plan shows the overall appearance and shape of the building from all sides, including how many floors, whether split level, building height, verandah or open spaces, roof type etc.
- Site plan – this plan shows the entire plot drawn to scale, how the house sits on the layout, along with other major outdoor features like walkways, drives, fences, retaining walls, patios, wells, septic tanks etc.
- Construction details – other construction details like stairs, windows, railings, terrace balconies etc are detailed here to assess cost estimates and design plans.