- Start with the Bed- As it will define the entire configuration. Bear in mind the profile of the room before shopping beds. Avoid plain styles as they serve a meager purpose. Look for a versatile bed which can overcome space limitations. Murphy beds, Trundle beds, and Bunk beds are the prominent space savers.
- Murphy beds are second to none in terms of utility. They can be arranged vertically or horizontally depending on the dimensions of the room. On the flip side, it requires the restructuring of the wall.
- Trundle beds feature a pull out drawer beneath the bed where one can place blankets or bed sheets. You have to be a bit careful regarding the wall clearance.
- Bunk beds are ideal for limited spaces. They come in different sizes and designs. Functional Bunk beds are taking center stage in many contemporary bedrooms. They add value to space.
- If you are a Bookworm, then look for a Bookshelf that fits behind the bed. It would mimic a headboard with a bookcase. It occupies 10 to 12 inches of the space. If you have a low clearance space behind the bed, then look for a bed
In the early stages of the planning and design process, it is important to consider the type of features that you wish to have featured. Make a point to include the latest technologies and get the architect to fit those in. A lot of the latest advancements relate to making a property highly energy-efficient. If designed to a high standard, an energy-efficient home has the potential to be at least 10% to 20% more effective and saves on energy consumption, resources, and offers lower utility bills of the long-term.
If looking to create a home that is truly energy-efficient then you can look at having rooftop solar panels installed, which when you consider the government offered incentives (rebates, tax credits, net-metering), does cost too much. Also look to make the property technology proof by ensuring that sufficient cabling and power outlets are installed for wireless and broadband technologies.
After considering the major construction features, it also helps to devise an up-to-date floor plan to accommodate the lifestyle of modern families. Look for interesting interiors to suit the entire family, in a lot of modern homes the more formal rooms, such as the living and dining rooms
Plan the theme of your basement. Determine its main purpose and decide if you want to separate the room into different areas. For example, you can use one side as a playroom for children and the other as a relaxation area. Learn how to use the space effectively by installing different furniture and fixtures. Have an idea who is going to use it to incorporate their preferences into the design.
Avoid installing suspended ceilings, as these can make the area look restricted. Use tray ceilings, instead. They might be costly, but they look better than the typical basement designs. Make it look lively by painting and decorating it with glow-in-the-dark stickers.
Use an open staircase and install banisters for safety. This way, the basement would look like a beautiful extension of your home. Avoid using rounded staircases, however, because it limits the space for people and the items they can bring.
Install doorways to separate different areas in your basement. This depends on the privacy that the frequent user wants. It is ideal for home offices to have enclosed rooms because people need time and space to think on their own.
An average person today is a graduate and is employed who has order and discipline that is enforced in his work place and expects the same in other profession, however there is no order or discipline now with the tradesmen. The equation of supply and demand comes into play when you look at the solutions in hand. There has been a great drive for education in the last decade in this country (thankfully) that has produced so many graduates in the last decade and has also fuelled the rocket speed growth of the IT industry. The growth in the IT industry has also driven the salaries more upward than any other profession in the country and hence the there has been a large number of parents and children alike who aspired to take up these jobs and with the fuelling growth most of them did get these jobs that they aspired. This has led to the children of the tradesmen not taking up the profession that their parents and grand parents did for ages.
Had it not been for the IT industry and education drive most of the younger generation would have followed in their parents footsteps.
Privacy is obviously important, especially for windows in the front of your home that probably face a street or other public throughway’s. Windows facing more private areas of a fenced yard, on the other hand might not need to provide much in the way of privacy.
Several window treatment designs can provide privacy. Blinds or thick curtains most notably, but privacy can also be attained with use of window frostings or diffusers. These will however obstruct your view of the great outdoors.
Sunlight and glare needs to be controlled in the bedroom if sleeping comfort is interrupted by light entering through the windows. In a room where sunlight will interfere with TV watching or computer use needs window treatments that are effective in light control too.
Any room with items that can be damaged by the suns UV rays need window treatments that are good at controlling light. Any kind of artwork, antiques, or photographs can benefit from this protection. Even carpeting and hardwood flooring can be damaged by the suns UV rays. Consider this when deciding on a window treatment type for any particular window.
Technically, a sliding screen door refers to a hinged door that covers a home’s exterior door or used as a divider from the patio area. It is made of steel frames and panels as well as neatly woven screen mesh used to keep insects in getting insider the house.
Aside from protection against flying insects that cause certain diseases, other benefits of the doors include:
- Unique and classy appearance in your home. Today, more and more architectural designs involve the doors because its unique design can give the house a more sophisticated look.
- A modern look that can suit your own taste when it comes to exterior designs. Since almost all establishments use the doors, your house can be included among those who are considered as “modern houses” if you have installed the doors.
- It can brighten up the interior of your house because it brings natural light. This is very beneficial because you don’t have to install any artificial lighting inside your home.
- Aside from beatifying your house using available light, the doors can also help you save some money because you don’t need additional lighting in your house that will consume
They are considered to be one of the most hard wearing and reliable paving materials out there. Besides this fact though, why should you use them? You should use them because they have the following characteristics:
- Beauty: Because they are made of natural products and are fired in the kiln to set, they have got an appearance that only nature can produce. Clay pavers are also made out of shales, which, when combined with other stones, can really work to bring out the Earth tones.
- Strength: There is nothing that is equivalent to the strength of clay pavers. These are by far the best stones to have on your driveway. They will also maintain their appearance over time much better than any other stone type.
- Fade resistant: Many people fear that the stones that they put on their driveways will fade in the sun. Clay pavers do not fade or lose their colour over time.
- Low maintenance: Perhaps one of their best features is the fact that these stones are so easy to clean and maintain, which makes garden and outdoor care a breeze.
- Safety: Clay pavers are the best choice for your
The fact that buying these homes allows you personal involvement in the construction is a rewarding and profitable experience you cannot pass up. You don’t need as much manpower or have to pay for as much labor as you would with traditional home-building and what’s more, you can even build them in half the time it would take a cookie-cutter home to be built. That’s less materials and labor wasted and less money spent.
Building a kit home means you can build your own home in three ways: as an owner-builder, which requires you get an owner-builder permit, as an owner-manager, which means you manage the project from start to finish, overseeing all aspects or stages of construction, including the hiring of licensed tradespeople and as contract-builder which entails hiring a reputable builder to help you erect your home with minimal fuss or trouble.
However you want to build your kit homes, remember first and foremost that there will always be risks involved and that you can avoid these risks by employing certain safety measures and exercising careful thought and consideration. Of course, in addition to making sure you have the budget for it as well
An architect is a highly skilled professional who has completed a wide-range of specialised training in various fields, including those relating to designing, planning and constructing properties. An architect will rely on several different practices to go about their job. In the design of a build it might be necessary to use computers, maths, and geometry. Only once the initial plans are finalised and approved by the client, will the architect take the blueprints to the actual construction site to start with the build stage.
In order to create the design concept, an architect would have several in-depth discussions with the client to fully understand and appreciate their needs. Creating the blueprints, which are designed to fully match the expectations of the client, are aesthetically appealing, and are environmentally friendly, can take a period of time to complete. In additional to creating the design concept, the architect might also need to liaise with certain local authorities, consultants, and property owners to make certain a project is able to run as smoothly as possible, without any financial or legal hiccups.
If the architect is using computer design and drafting software, then it becomes easier to adjust the
Your RV, fifth-wheel, a logging truck or a manufactured home could easily travel the roads to your house and navigate the driveway. Clear building site access should be no problem at all.
Hardly. Just because these other things can get in does NOT guarantee a truss or steel delivery truck can.
Confirm delivery trucks will have clear access to building site. This is important as drivers do not like “surprises.” We are also trying to prevent you or your builder having to move heavy materials any more than necessary!
At least 10 feet width and up to 14 feet height are required to deliver standard buildings. Large trusses can require 14 foot widths or more and you need the ability to get truck (which measures approximately 32 feet) and trailer (which measures 48 feet) combinations up to 100 feet in length near building.
Check the widths of any gates, or openings in fences. Consider removal of any trees which are immediately adjacent to driveways and trim off overhanging limbs.
Delivery trucks and their payloads can reach up to 80,000 lbs in weight! They generally do not have a tight turning radius and are